Matthew Sachs has experience in mass tort, class action, and product liability litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country, including the representation of pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product companies in nationwide litigation. Mr. Sachs has experience in all phases of the litigation process, from discovery and motion practice, to trial. In addition, he has successfully guided his clients through the settlement process.
He has also been involved in a wide range of pro bono matters, including the successful representation of a client in federal court who filed a petition pursuant to the International Child Abduction Remedies Act for the return of his daughter to Mexico. In addition, Mr. Sachs has experience representing employees who file wage and hour claims against their employers in New York state and federal courts.
Mr. Sachs received his JD, cum laude, from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law and was a member of the Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board. During law school, he served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Jose L. Linares of the United States District Court (D.N.J.) and participated as a student attorney in the Civil Rights and Constitutional Litigation Clinic. Following law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen Skillman of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. Mr. Sachs received his BA from the University of Michigan.
- Bayer Corporation and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in defense of their prescription antibiotic medications Cipro and Avelox in product liability litigation, including an MDL.
- Bayer Corporation (following its acquisition of Monsanto) in defense of its Roundup products in product liability litigation, including an MDL.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in state and federal litigation involving Endo's prescription opioid medications, including an MDL.
- Britax Child Safety, Inc. in putative federal class action involving certain of Britax's BOB Gear jogging strollers.
- Cynosure and Hologic in state and federal medical device litigation, including putative federal class actions.
- Major food manufacturer in putative federal class action regarding the labeling of organic and natural food products.
- Telecommunications company in breach of contract, trade secrets and fraud case resulting in directed verdict for defense after three-month trial in district court.
"Ones to Watch"–Product Liability Litigation: Defendants (2021)
- JD, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2011, cum laude
- BA, University of Michigan, 2008
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, The Honorable Stephen Skillman
- Member, New York City Bar Association