Matthew Sachs has experience in mass tort, class action, and product liability litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country, including the representation of major pharmaceutical companies in nationwide product liability and mass tort litigation. Mr. Sachs has experience in all phases of the litigation process, from discovery and motion practice, to trial. Most recently, he has served as a member of the science and regulatory defense teams on behalf of firm client, Bayer, in several product liability multidistrict litigations. As a member of these teams, Mr. Sachs is hands-on in developing and implementing case strategy, including the medical and science defense, and preparing company executives and expert witnesses for testimony.
He has also been involved in a wide range of pro bono matters, including the successful representation of a client in federal court who filed a petition pursuant to the International Child Abduction Remedies Act for the return of his daughter to Mexico. In addition, Mr. Sachs has experience representing employees who file wage and hour claims against their employers in New York state and federal courts.
Mr. Sachs received his JD, cum laude, from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law and was a member of the Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board. During law school, he served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Jose L. Linares of the United States District Court (D.N.J.) and participated as a student attorney in the Civil Rights and Constitutional Litigation Clinic. Following law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen Skillman of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. Mr. Sachs received his BA from the University of Michigan.
- Bayer Corporation in In re Roundup Products Liability Litigation.
- Bayer Corporation in In re Fluoroquinolone Products Liability Litigation.
- Major food manufacturer in putative class action regarding the labeling of organic and natural food products.
- Telecommunications company in breach of contract, trade secrets and fraud case resulting in directed verdict for defense after three-month trial in district court.
- JD, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2011, cum laude
- BA, University of Michigan, 2008
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, The Honorable Stephen Skillman