Kate Schumacher advises clients on complex commercial litigation, securities and derivative litigation, and internal and government investigations.
Ms. Schumacher has experience representing investment banks, issuers, ratings agencies, investment funds, insurance companies, directors, officers and special committees in state and federal class action securities and derivative actions throughout the country, SEC and FINRA investigations, civil and criminal Department of Justice investigations and states' Attorneys General investigations. Ms. Schumacher also routinely conducts internal investigations on behalf of clients.
Ms. Schumacher is co-chair of the firm's Hiring Committee.
- Smile Train, Inc. in breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and conversion claims. Smile Train v. Ferris Consulting Corp. (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2012-Present).
- Maurice R. Greenberg in a defamation action. Maurice R. Greenberg v. Eliot L. Spitzer (New York State Supreme Court, Putnam County) (2013-Present).
- Smile Train, Inc. in a copyright infringement and unfair competition action. Smile Train, Inc. v. Brian F. Mullaney (S.D.N.Y.) (2012-2013).
- HelpMeSee, Inc. in an American Arbitration Association arbitration in New York involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraudulent inducement, conversion and copyright infringement claims (2014-Present).
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2001
- BA, English and Communications, Boston College, 1998, magna cum laude
- New York
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York