Craig Schwartz advises clients in matters at the intersection of government contracts, national security, and international trade. Mr. Schwartz helps clients across regulated industries including technology, aerospace and defense, life sciences, and transportation to protect key commercial and compliance relationships with the federal government. He has particular experience in matters relating to cybersecurity and data privacy, export control and trade compliance, and anti-corruption and corporate ethics.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Schwartz served as a judicial law clerk to Chief Judge Carl E. Stewart of the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and to Judge Thomas C. Wheeler of the US Court of Federal Claims. Additionally, he completed a legal fellowship with the Oversight and Investigations Office of the US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.
As a law student, Mr. Schwartz was the Web Editor and an Executive Board Member of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, and was the winner of annual writing competitions held by the bar associations of the US Court of Federal Claims and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Advise clients on issues relating to data rights, domestic preference provisions, supply chain integrity, GSA Schedule contracting, teaming arrangements, mandatory disclosure, and the Small Business Innovation Research program.
- Navigate clients through parallel proceedings, including before US Attorney's Offices, Offices of Inspector General, and Suspension and Debarment Officials.
- Comment on proposed rulemakings and represent clients in APA, bid protest, FCA, and trade secrets litigation.
- JD, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2011, cum laude
- BA, Haverford College, 2004
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, The Honorable Carl E. Stewart
- United States Court of Federal Claims, The Honorable Thomas C. Wheeler
- Member, US Court of Federal Claims Advisory Council
- Member, Society for International Affairs
- Moot Court Panelist, Supreme Court Institute, Georgetown University Law Center
- Co-Chair, International Procurement and Membership Committees, ABA Section of Public Contract Law
- Former President, Young Lawyers Division, US Court of Federal Claims Bar Association (2014 – 2015)