Sam Shapiro's practice focuses on white collar government investigations and litigation, with a specific emphasis on False Claims Act defense for a variety of clients, including defense contractors and healthcare providers. Mr. Shapiro has also litigated bid protests and claims disputes on behalf of government contractors before the Government Accountability Office, the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, and the Court of Federal Claims.
Additionally, Mr. Shapiro has defended companies and individuals in federal and state criminal investigations, particularly in the areas of healthcare fraud and antitrust.
Mr. Shapiro is currently pursuing a part-time Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from Georgetown University Law Center where his studies focus on various aspects of white collar crime and government investigations.
- JD, Georgia State University College of Law, 2014, cum laude
- MS, Health Administration, Georgia State University Robinson College of Business, 2014
- BA, Economics, The University of Georgia, 2011
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute, Washington, DC (2017-2018)