Marianna Shelenkova's practice focuses on corporate and financial transactions, particularly on registered and unregistered securities offerings, such as initial public offerings, senior and subordinated debt offerings, follow-on offerings, private placements and sovereign debt offerings (representing both issuers and underwriters), and public and private mergers & acquisitions transactions (including drafting and negotiation of purchase agreements, merger agreements and all ancillary transaction documentation). She also has experience advising clients on a broad range of general corporate law matters, corporate governance and Securities and Exchange Commission compliance matters, including assisting public companies in the preparation of their periodic securities law filings.
- First American International Corp., in its $117,000,000 merger with and into RBB Bancorp, the holding company of RBB Bank.
- Union Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Bioceres LLC (successor to Bioceres, Inc.), a leading agricultural company in Argentina, with a focus on biological assets aimed at crop protection, nutrition and seeds.
- Astoria Financial Corporation, the holding company for Astoria Bank, in its underwritten public offering of $200,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 3.500% Senior Notes due 2020.
- Cyrus Capital Partners L.P., as a selling stockholder in connection with Virgin America Inc.'s initial public offering of $300,000,000 on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- VimpelCom Holdings B.V., a multi-national telecommunications company, in its offering of $600,000,000 5.20% notes, $1,000,000,000 5.95% notes and RUB 12,000,000,000 9.00% notes in a Rule 144A/Regulation S private placement.
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law, 2008
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 2001
- *Admitted only in New York; not admitted to the practice of law in Illinois.