Rachael Shen's practice encompasses a broad range of business and intellectual property disputes. Ms. Shen represents clients in a wide variety of litigation matters in federal and state courts. Ms. Shen's practice focuses on intellectual property disputes, including matters involving patent and copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and copyright and trademark enforcement. In addition to her intellectual property experience, Ms. Shen has represented clients in commercial litigation matters, including in the areas of contract law, negligence, fraud, and nuisance. Ms. Shen has experience with pretrial civil litigation, including discovery and motion practice, as well as a trial and post-trial briefing.
While at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law, Ms. Shen participated in the Samuelson Law, Technology & Public Policy Clinic, where she researched copyright issues, interviewed authors and publishers, and drafted an educational guide that was published by her client to teach authors about their rights and open access publishing. She also served as a Notes & Comments Editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal and as a Publishing Editor for the Berkeley Journal of International Law.
- Energy company in a lawsuit led by the California Attorney General involving alleged false claims in the sale of natural gas to the State of California.
- Performing Rights Organization in litigation to enforce the music copyrights of its composer, songwriter, and publisher members.
- Power plant owner in a California state court jury trial involving breach of contract, negligence, and inverse condemnation claims.
- Medical device companies in patent infringement litigation.
- Pharmaceutical company in a set of patent litigations.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2016
- BA, Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 2013
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California