Catherine St. John has defended corporate clients in numerous healthcare matters, including the representation of pharmaceutical companies and their employees in complex state and federal criminal and civil litigations involving healthcare fraud. She has extensive experience leading cross-functional teams as part of complex e-discovery projects. She has also conducted large-scale internal investigations internationally and domestically.
Ms. St. John counsels pharmaceutical clients on the regulatory and compliance aspects of marketing, sales, training, managed markets, clinical development, medical affairs, corporate affairs, and patient advocacy.
Ms. St. John's extensive pro bono experience includes arguing before the New York Court of Appeals on behalf of a small animal rescue group. She has also supervised a team of associates participating in the National Justice Index Project through the Pfizer Legal Alliance.
- Pharmaceutical companies in federal and state criminal and civil government investigations and internal investigations involving allegations of off-label promotion, anti-kickback statute violations, False Claims Act violations, and other issues related to sales and marketing practices.
- Major brand name prescription drug manufacturer in qui tam litigation brought in Southern District of New York by government and relator, alleging kickbacks to physicians through speaker programs in connection with various cardiovascular medications.
- Serving as legal representative for pharmaceutical client's US and Global review committees, responsible for vetting all new promotional strategies and approving content of advertising, clinical trial recruitment materials, social media, and materials for medical conventions and meetings
- JD, St. John's University School of Law, 2005, Dean's List
- BA, Skidmore College, 2000, Dean's List
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York