Assisting companies from all fields of technology, from pharmaceutical and medical devices to software and telecommunications, Christopher is an experienced litigator on strategic, cross-border patent disputes (including opposition work before the European Patent Office). He also litigates and arbitrates other types of intellectual property (trade mark, copyright, and designs), antitrust (including follow-on damages claims), pharmaceutical regulation, European Union law and commercial disputes. He is a creative and efficient problem-solver who thinks laterally across the breadth of his practice. He has taken cases before the First Tier Tribunal, the Upper Tribunal, the Patents County Court, the High Court, the Court of Appeal, the House of Lords, the Supreme Court, the European Patent Office, and the European Court of Justice.
Christopher is a Visiting Professor in Intellectual Property and Competition Law at University College London, and his 2007 practitioner textbook, "Parallel Trade in Europe: Intellectual Property, Competition and Regulatory Law," has been cited by the UK Supreme Court. He is committed to pro bono matters, including cases on recognition of change of gender for social security and tax purposes. Christopher is also chair of the firm's Diversity Committee for the London office.
- AstraZeneca in proceedings for revocation of its patent for a blockbuster product before the Patents Court in England. Teva UK Ltd & Anor v Astrazeneca AB (Rev 1)  EWHC 2873 (Pat) (02 September 2014). http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2014/2873.html
- Pfizer in proceedings for revocation of its paediatric extension of a Supplementary Protection Certificate for a blockbuster product before the Patents Court in England. Dr Reddy's Laboratories (UK) Ltd & Anor v Warner-Lambert Company LLC  EWHC 3715 (Pat) (20 December 2012). http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2012/3715.html
- DuPont in patent revocation proceedings before the Patents Court in England and assisted in related actions in Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, and before the European Patent Office. Dupont Nutrition Biosciences ApS v Novozymes A/S  EWHC 155 (Pat) (07 February 2013). http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2013/155.html
- Karen Millen in commercial dispute with fashion retailer before the High Court in England. Karen Millen v Karen Millen Fashions Ltd  EWHC 2104 (Ch) (16 August 2016). http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2016/2104.html
- Medical device manufacturer in patent infringement proceedings before the Patents County Court in England, related mediation proceedings, patent opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office and pan-European enforcement strategy.
- InterDigital in patent revocation proceedings before the High Court and Court of Appeal in England. Nokia Corporation v Interdigital Technology Corporation  EWCA Civ 614 (26 April 2005). http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2005/614.html
- ImClone in patent entitlement proceedings before the High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords in England, and assisting in related actions in France, Germany, and Austria. Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd v. Rhone-Poulenc Rorer International Holdings Inc  UKHL 43 (24 October 2007). http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2007/43.html
- Financial service provider in antitrust follow-on damages actions before the High Court in England.
- Software technology company on patent strategy before the European Patent Office and in Phase II merger control before the European Commission.
- Acted as a domain name arbitrator for five years, and as an arbitrator's assistant in a patent dispute under WIPO expedited arbitration rules.
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology (2012-2017)
Media & Entertainment (2016-2017)
- PhD, Downing College, Cambridge, 2008
- BCL, Brasenose College, Oxford, 2000
- LPC, Nottingham Law School, 1999
- BA, Downing College, Cambridge, 1998
- England and Wales
- European Patent Office
Visiting Professor in Intellectual Property and Competition Law, University College London, 2016-Present (Visiting Lecturer 2007-2016)
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice (JIPLP), 2006 - Present
Vice Chair, Competition Law Association (CLA), 2016 - Present (Committee Member, 2006 - Present)
Patents Subcommittee Member, International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), 2015- Present (Member 2004 - Present)
Litigation Commission Member, Union of European Practitioners in Intellectual Property (UNION-IP), 2016 - Present
Antitrust Committee Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), 2006 - Present
Committee Member, United Kingdom Association for European Law (UKAEL), 2009 - Present
Associate, Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA), 2011 - Present