Colin Tan focuses on general banking and leveraged and structured finance matters, acting for banks, private equity funds, and other financial institutions in relation to general banking and leveraged finance transactions originated in the UK and Europe.
Recently, Mr. Tan has advised arrangers and sponsor borrowers in relation to LBO capital structures as well as investment grade facilities in the EU and Eastern Europe.
- APCOA Parking Group, the leading full-service parking management company in Europe, in relation to the refinancing of its existing facilities by way of syndicated facilities in a total amount equal to €435 million (including an upsized €350 million term loan B facility), subsequent repricing of the facilities, and syndication of an additional €30 million of term loan B debt facilities in order to fund a dividend recap.
- Various US and UK private equity clients in relation to:
- a proposed €625 million unitranche acquisition financing of a German gaming business;
- the disposal of a UK-based storage property business and the associated repayments of the restructured facility relating to such business; and
- a proposed €1,020m TLB and second lien financing for the proposed acquisition of a TMT business.
- Texas Pacific Group in relation to the debt facilities used to fund the acquisition of Tower Participations S.A.S. including bullet senior term loans, a second lien facility, a mezzanine facility, a working capital facility, and an accordion feature for permitted acquisitions—IFLR "Deal of the Year" 2007.
- Tower Participations SAS in relation to debt facilities used to fund the bolt on acquisition of Media & Broadcast GmbH.
- Texas Pacific Group and Apax Partners in relation to the covenant lite debt facilities used to fund the sponsors' acquisition of TIM Hellas Telecommunications S.A., the bolt on acquisition of Q Telecommunications S.A., and the recapitalisation of the existing debt facilities.
- BA, Law, University of Cambridge, with honors
- England and Wales
- Chinese (Mandarin)