James Thomas represents public corporations, financial institutions, accounting firms, and corporate directors and officers and members of management in complex commercial litigation, securities class actions, shareholder derivative and breach of fiduciary litigation, merger litigation, insurance coverage and actions by bankruptcy trustees. He also represents clients in connection with internal investigations and regulatory investigative and enforcement matters instituted by government agencies, with particular emphasis on matters involving the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
- Allyn v. CNL Lifestyle Properties et al. (M.D. Fla.): Dismissal of claims against multi-billion dollar REIT and its board of directors in litigation alleging share price inflation.
- Bunyan v. Ordan, Case No. 1:12-cv-01185 (E.D. Va.): Shareholder challenge to multi-billion dollar REIT merger transaction.
- In re Harris Teeter Merger Litigation (N.C.): Shareholder challenge to multi-billion dollar grocery chain merger transaction.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 1999
- MA, Indiana University, 1996
- BA, Mercer University, 1993
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, The Honorable Vanessa Ruiz
Member, Board of Trustees, Gifts for the Homeless
Member, Board of Trustees, Mercer University