John Throckmorton has substantial experience in California and federal trial courts and has represented clients before the California Supreme Court, the Ninth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Throckmorton also focuses on representing legal professionals in malpractice and malicious prosecution cases and State Bar proceedings. In addition to his trial and litigation work, Mr. Throckmorton advises law firms on legal ethics and risk management, and counsels lawyers and other professionals about the rules and regulations that govern how law-related enterprises conduct business.
- JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1997, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- MA, Syracuse University, 1994
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1992, cum laude
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Technical Editor, Hastings Law Journal