Michael Treves advises bank and nonbank financial institutions on a variety of enforcement, regulatory, and compliance matters before federal and state banking agencies and financial regulators.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael served as an Excelsior Service Fellow with the New York State Department of Financial Services, Consumer Protection and Financial Enforcement Division, where he worked on investigations and enforcement actions against banks, insurance companies, and financial services companies for violations of New York and federal laws. Investigations included major international financial institutions and complex financial transactions.
Michael graduated from New York University School of Law, where he was an Executive Editor for the Moot Court Board and served as an intern at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Enforcement, and the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, National Courts Section.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2019
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2016, with distinction
- District of Columbia
- New York
Government & Military Service
- Excelsior Service Fellow, New York State Department of Financial Services, Consumer Protection and Financial Enforcement Division, 2019–2021
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, Magistrate Judge Dena Hanovice Palermo
- Vice Chair, Retail Banking and Consumer Law Subcommittee of the ABA Banking Law Committee