Michael Tye's practice focuses on class action litigation and other complex commercial matters, and he has defended numerous consumer fraud class actions in both state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate court levels. Mr. Tye also has defended clients in other complex litigation actions as well as in patent, securities, toxic tort, antitrust, and False Claims Act cases. In addition, Mr. Tye has represented a variety of pro bono clients, including in cases involving criminal appellate matters.
- Manufacturer of consumer products in numerous putative class actions alleging consumer fraud and other state law claims.
- Defendant in nationwide RICO class action in which plaintiffs sought to recover hundreds of billions of dollars in damages and in which class certification was rejected.
- Defendant in multi-district litigation in which more than twenty class actions bringing consumer fraud and other claims were consolidated.
- Company defending thousands of individual wrongful death and personal injury claims in products liability actions in state and federal court.
- JD, University of Texas School of Law, 2005
- BS, Texas A&M University, 2002
- District of Columbia