David Valeck practices in the areas of commercial finance and private equity, with a principal emphasis on debt financing transactions in connection with leveraged buy-outs (LBOs) and leveraged build-ups. Mr. Valeck has broad experience in the representation of agents, lenders, and borrowers in virtually all types of credit facilities, including the negotiation, structuring, and documentation of single lender, syndicated, secured, unsecured, senior, mezzanine, second lien, bridge, debtor-in-possession, cash flow and asset-based facilities, and intercreditor and subordination issues that arise in such transactions. Mr. Valeck has significant experience in Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and the perfection and protection of liens and rights in all types of collateral, including intellectual property, vehicles, real estate, healthcare receivables and government receivables under the Federal Assignment of Claims Act.
In addition to his LBO practice, Mr. Valeck has extensive experience representing private equity funds in secured capital call transactions, representing borrowers and lenders in refinancings and recapitalizations (including receivables factoring and dividend recaps), and representing high net worth individuals and family offices in connection with loan facilities secured by, among other things, art collections and ownership interests in professional sports franchises.
- Barnes & Noble, Inc. in amending and restating its $1 billion credit facility.
- Science Applications International Corporation in its $870 million credit facility with Citibank, N.A. in support of its acquisition of Scitor Holdings, Inc.
- DC Capital Partners in its leveraged take-private acquisition of Michael Baker Corporation and its acquisitions of Pacific Municipal Consultants, QRC Inc. and Owl LLC.
- The Halifax Group in its leveraged acquisitions of Envision Pharma Group, United States Environmental Services, K2 Industrial Services, Golden State Overnight and Familia Dental.
- Haggar Clothing Co. in connection with its secured credit facilities with Bank of America, N.A.
- Intelident Solutions, Inc. in connection with its secured credit facilities with Regions Bank and Hancock Bank.
- RLJ Equity Partners in its leveraged buyout of Phase One Consulting Group.
- Southwestern Growth Partners in its leveraged buyout of Taos Resources Fund I LLC and Future Petroleum Company.
- Mission Essential Personnel in its credit facilities with Fifth Third Bank.
- Major private equity backed government contractor in its financing arrangements.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1998
- MBA, University of Michigan Business School, 1998
- BA, Michigan State University, 1994
- District of Columbia