Louis van der Werff advises clients on European Union and international competition law matters. His work focuses on antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions, cartel investigations, and antitrust compliance. Mr van der Werff has represented clients across a range of industries including pharmaceuticals and medical devices, publishing, airlines (with a focus on MRO activities), shipping, information technology and fast moving consumer goods.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. van der Werff worked in the competition law group at a leading US law firm and has also undertaken a traineeship at the European Commission (DG Competition).
Mr. van der Werff is fluent in French, Dutch, Spanish, and English.
- Pfizer in relation to the spin-off and combination with Mylan NV of Pfizer's established medicines division Upjohn.
- Pfizer in relation to its joint venture with GSK to combine the two companies' consumer healthcare businesses worldwide, securing merger control clearances from the EU Commission and antitrust authorities outside the US.
- A fast moving consumer goods company, in handling a dawn raid by DG COMP officials.
- Shipping company in defending various claims in both the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal relating to the maritime car carriers cartel.
- Global pharmaceutical company in relation to the competition law compliance of pricing arrangements.
- LLM, Competition Law, King's College London, 2017
- Masters in Globalisation and Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Maastricht University, 2015
- LLB, European Law, Maastricht University, 2014
- Brussels, Belgium