Julia Vax focuses her practice on corporate and securities laws in representing emerging growth and public companies, primarily in the life sciences and technology sectors, from formation and early-stage capital raising to publicly traded entities. Ms. Vax has advised clients in the biopharmaceutical, genomics, medical device, diagnostics, Internet and digital media, software, IP telephony, telecommunications and financial services sectors in all aspects of their corporate development and in connection with a broad range of financing and strategic transactions. Ms. Vax has extensive experience in IPOs, Rule 144A transactions, shelf registrations, private placements, including PIPE transactions and venture capital financings, as well as in executive compensation, corporate governance and SEC reporting and compliance for public companies. She has been involved in numerous public and private financing transactions representing companies, investors, underwriters and placement agents.
Ms. Vax is a faculty member at the Center for International Legal Studies and has taught US corporate securities laws at the University of Tartu, Estonia, School of Law, as a Visiting Professor in the Fall 2017.
- TriVascular Technologies, Inc. in an IPO and a registered at-the-market offering, as well as in numerous venture capital and debt financings.
- The Charles Schwab Corporation in numerous registered debt and equity offerings.
- Bayer HealthCare in the sale of commercial rights to a compound to Kythera Biopharmaceuticals for a combination of stock and debt.
- Nielsen BioSciences, Inc. in corporate governance and other transactional matters.
- Building Materials Holding Corporation in a Rule 144A debt offering.
- Aperia Technologies, Inc. in numerous venture capital financings.
- Digital River, Inc. in numerous registered equity offerings and Rule 144A debt offering.
- Wedbush Securities Inc. in follow-on public offerings for Chelsea Therapeutics International, Ltd. and Image Sensing Systems, Inc.
- RBC Capital Markets in an IPO for US Auto Parts Network, Inc. and a follow-on public offering for Pharmacyclics, Inc.
- Pacific Growth Equities in follow-on public offerings for DynaVax Technologies, Inc., Barrier Therapeutics, Inc., Point Therapeutics, Inc. and STAAR Surgical Company, and numerous PIPE transactions.
- PlanetOut Inc. in an IPO and a PIPE transaction.
"Life Sciences Star" – Licensing & Collaboration (2017-2021)
"Life Sciences Star" – Venture Capital (2017-2021)
"Life Sciences Star" – Mergers & Acquisitions (2021)
"Life Sciences Star" – Finance & Transactional (2013-2016)
- JD, Golden Gate University School of Law, 1998, highest honors
- Medical School of General Medicine, Moscow, Russia
- BA, San Francisco State University, 1993, cum laude
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco