Jay W. Waks is a retired partner of the firm. Mr. Waks was a partner from 1981-2014, at which time he stepped down under the terms of the Partnership Agreement. Mr. Waks was at the firm for 42 years, starting as an associate out of law school, during which time he served in the following capacities:
- chair of the firm's Alternative Dispute Resolution practice group;
- chair of the firm's Employment & Labor Law practice for 25 years; and
- member of the firm's International and Asia Pacific practice groups.
Mr. Waks is respected for his defense of US and international companies and is known for his successes in high-profile public sector cases.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 1971
- BS, Cornell University, 1968