Dr. Weger advises clients in national and international tax law, corporate and capital markets law. As a certified tax lawyer he focuses on tax law aspects of restructuring and advising on corporate law issues relating to national and international M&A transactions, and the restructuring of partnerships or corporations and has ample experience of real estate related deals.
Dr. Weger also has extensive experience in advising national and international financial investors and enterprises as well as investment banks in real estate investments, distressed debt and non-performing loan investments, and factoring as well as securitization.
Furthermore, Dr. Weger advises clients in connection with business restructurings as well as tax and estate planning for private clients. He has also successfully represented clients in out-of-court litigation with German fiscal authorities and before various tax courts, including the German Federal Tax Court (Bundesfinanzhof).
Dr. Weger regularly publishes articles on tax and corporate law, and is a lecturer at the European Business School Oestrich-Winkel.
- EQT Mid Market US, a leading global private equity qroup, on the acquisition of Dorner Holding Corporation, a US-based global provider of purpose-built precision conveyor systems, including their German subsidiary GEPPERT-Band GmbH.
- 328 Group in connection with the sale of their aviation companies to Sierra Nevada Corporation.
- Uni-World Capital, LP and VanDeMark Chemical Inc. in connection with the purchase of Framochem Kft., the Hungarian manufacturer of specialty chemicals, from Isochem SAS, a portfolio company of Aurelius AG.
- VanDeMark Chemical, the largest, independent manufacturer of phosgene and phosgene derivatives in North America, in its acquisition of Framochem from ISOCHEM.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Unifrax, the leading global manufacturer of high-temperature insulating fiber products.
- Zinsser Analytic GmbH on the acquisition of the shares of the Ewald family in ILS Innovative Laborsysteme GmbH.
- Activaero shareholders on the tax aspects in connection with the (exit) sale of their shares to Vectura plc, a UK listed (LES) company focused on therapies for airways related diseases, for a total of €130 million.
- Real estate company in connection with a joint venture, together with an Israeli PE investor.
- Leading European IT distributor, as the originator, in the securitization of supplier claims within an Asset Backed Commercial Paper Program with a transaction volume of €100 million.
- AIM-listed real estate company in the acquisition of several commercial estates, including tax law, financial structuring and contractual implementation, with a transaction volume of €220 million.
- A real estate company in the sale of a commercial real estate portfolio to a US real estate fund with a transaction volume of €100 million.
- University of Wuerzburg, 2004
- First German State Exam, University of Wuerzburg , 1998
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Member, Association of Certified Tax Lawyers
- Member, German Tax Law Association
- Member, German Corporate Law Association
- Member, Association of Hesse Tax Advisors