Tara Williamson's practice includes assisting clients with intellectual property issues in court cases and administrative proceedings, with a particular focus on issues involving patents and copyrights. Her practice experience includes patent infringement actions involving technologies in the electronics and medical device industries and copyright royalty distribution proceedings. She has worked on a variety of other complex matters as well, including contractual disputes, government investigations, and environmental claims in domestic and international courts.
Ms. Williamson also has experience representing clients in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements, including agreements for the acquisition, development, protection, and licensing of intellectual property and technology and agreements for the commercialization of products and services.
- Medical device company in patent infringement action involving spinal cord stimulation devices.
- Medical device company in patent infringement action involving endoscopic hemostatic clips.
- Electronics manufacturer in patent infringement action involving computer vision technology.
- Public company regarding programming ownership rights and actions for distribution of broadcast royalties before the US Copyright Office's Copyright Royalty Board.
- Medical device company in breach of contract action relating to patents for implantable cardioverter defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization therapy devices.
- Medical device company in patent infringement action involving catheters for coronary interventions.
- Medical device company in patent infringement actions involving devices for intrauterine resection of fibroids and polyps.
- Medical device company in patent infringement actions involving coronary stents.
- Medical device company in petitions for inter partes review of patents directed to coronary intervention catheters before the US Patent and Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
- BA, University of Maryland at College Park, 2007, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas