Alexander A. Witt represents sovereign States and multinational corporations in investor-State arbitrations and international commercial arbitrations under the Rules of the ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL. His experience includes disputes in the energy, government contracts, construction, nuclear engineering, mining and infrastructure sectors in Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Witt worked in the London and Brussels offices of another leading international law firm.
Mr. Witt is fluent in Spanish and has a good command of German.
- Latam Hydro LLC and CH Mamacocha S.R.L. v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/19/28).
- Panamericana Televisión S.A. et al. v. Republic of Peru (PCA Case No. 2019-26).
- Enagás SA y Enagás Internacional S.L.U. v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/26).
- ČEZ, a.s. v. Republic of Bulgaria (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/24).
- Carlos Ríos and Francisco Ríos v. Republic of Chile (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/16).
- Infinito Gold Ltd. v. Costa Rica (ICSID Case No. ARB/14/5).
- US investor in an investment arbitration against a CIS State involving railway and road concessions.
- European energy group against an Iberian State in relation to reforms in the renewable energy sector.
Public International Law (2021)
- LPC, Kaplan Law School (London), 2015, with distinction
- LLB, Queen Mary University of London, 2014, First Class Honours
- England and Wales