Half Full or Half Empty? Update on Slack Fill Litigation and Legislation
9:00–10:30 am PT
12:00–1:30 pm ET
6:00–7:30 pm GMT
While plaintiffs' lawyers and California district attorneys are vigorously enforcing federal and state prohibitions on nonfunctional slack fill in consumer products (including foods, cosmetics, cleaning products, and dietary supplements), there is potential relief for companies in these areas. Some defenses have succeeded in certain venues, despite the creativity of the claims, and California legislature is considering three additional exemptions to the current slack fill law.
Please join Arnold & Porter for this special session designed to provide guidance on how consumer products companies can more effectively review their product portfolios and incorporate the most up-to-date learning into their packaging and labeling.
- Federal and state laws and regulations relating to slack fill.
- Developments relating to recent slack fill enforcement actions brought by California district attorneys.
- Trends and learnings from recent slack fill consumer class actions.
- Slack fill legislative activity in Sacramento.
- Proactive steps companies can implement to minimize risks relating to slack fill claims.
1.5 hours NY and CA general CLE credit (all pending).
Other jurisdictions may also be available.