Implications of Recent EU and UK Court Decisions in the Pharmaceutical Sector
Networking drinks and canapés
Tower 42 25 Old Broad Street
Emily MacKenzie, Barrister at Brick Court Chambers, will join Libby Amos of Arnold & Porter's Future Pharma Forum to recap how challenges to pharmaceutical decisions may be brought to the European and domestic courts. Emily will provide a summary of recent European Court and English Court decisions in the pharmaceutical area, and together Libby and Emily will explore the implications for pharmaceutical companies.
- How to bring challenges to the European Court.
- The interplay of domestic proceedings.
- Summary of recent European Court decisions, including:
- Shire on orphan market exclusivity, and
- Astellas on the role of the Concerned Member State.
- Summary of recent English Court decisions, including Napp on the Article 10(3) hybrid-abridged procedure.
- Changes in the Notice to Applicants regarding RDP, including the "reverse combination" principle.
- The implications for pharmaceutical companies.