Regulatory and Enforcement Trends of 2020 for AML and Sanctions
- Cocktails and Networking
250 West 55th St.
New York, NY
Please join Arnold & Porter and the Institute of International Bankers (IIB), as well as regulators past and present for an evening of discussion, information sharing, networking, and cocktails. The financial services regulatory agencies have signaled that BSA/AML and sanctions compliance continue to be among their areas of focus in the coming year, and costs arising out of corrective actions and enforcement proceedings continue to rise. As financial institutions develop and implement new and innovative approaches to compliance to meet the expectations of new and existing regulations, the agencies have emphasized their ongoing focus on a risk-based approach to supervision of this area. We will provide insights on the year ahead and the steps that financial institutions should be taking to address AML and sanctions risks and navigate their next examinations.
Please note that this seminar is limited to in-house counsel and senior compliance professionals at banking or securities firms.
Topics will include
- Agency-by-agency review of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance focus areas (DOJ, OCC, FRB, FDIC, FINRA, SEC, DFS)
- Lessons learned from recent bank and broker dealer examinations and enforcement actions
- OFAC’s new reporting requirements
- Changes in the sanctions landscape and the impact of Iran
- Supervisory concerns and considerations for your next examination
- Importance of data quality of financial crimes and money laundering investigations
- A review of enforcement trends and predictions for the year ahead
- The outlook for legislative reform and the impact of the 2020 election
- Richard M. Alexander, Arnold & Porter
- Christopher L. Allen, Arnold & Porter
- Marcus A. Asner, Arnold & Porter
- Carol Beaumier, Protiviti
- Daniel M. Hawke, Arnold & Porter
- Magali Langhorne, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Max Lerner, State Street Corporation
- Tal R. Machnes, Arnold & Porter
- Michael A. Mancusi, Arnold & Porter
- Briget Polichene, Institute of International Bankers
- Kevin M. Toomey, Arnold & Porter
- Erik Walsh, Arnold & Porter
- Charles Yi, Arnold & Porter
We look forward to having you join us.
2.0 CA, IL, NJ and NY CLE general credit is pending.