Lowell Dashefsky has a broad-based transactional practice with extensive experience in structuring and negotiating mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, divestments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, venture capital financings, and license and collaboration arrangements. He also has experience in public and private securities offerings, and regularly advises companies of various sizes on day-to-day general corporate and other transactional matters.
Mr. Dashefsky represents a variety of multi-national corporations and private companies in various industries, most notably, the private equity and life science/healthcare industries. He also serves as co-head of the firm's Life Sciences Transactions practice.
- Ingersoll-Rand plc in its acquisition of GPSI Holdings, a leading provider of telematics solutions, from Falconhead Capital.
- Pfizer Inc. in various acquisitions, investments, dispositions, and licensings, including its acquisition of Therachon Holding AG (Therachon), a privately held clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on rare diseases; the joint creation of Cerevel Therapeutics (a new biopharmaceutical company focused on developing drug candidates to treat central nervous system disorders) with Bain Capital whereby Pfizer contributed a portfolio of pre-commercial neuroscience assets to Cerevel and will retain a 25% equity position in the company, while Bain Capital committed $350 million with the ability to provide additional capital; its acquisition of Bamboo Therapeutics Inc. (a biotechnology company focused on developing gene therapies for the treatment of patients with certain rare diseases), InnoPharma, Inc. (a sterile product development company), and NextWave Pharmaceuticals (a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of products for the treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and related central nervous system (CNS) disorders); its exclusive license to commercialize Basilea Pharmaceutica's CRESEMBA® (isavuconazole), an anti-fungal treatment for invasive aspergillosis and mucormycosis, in Europe (ex-Nordics); as well as its venture capital investments in several early stage biopharmaceutical companies focused on designing and developing novel therapeutics.
- Harbour Point Capital in various acquisitions and investments, including its investments in Aligned Modern Health (a provider of retail-based health and wellness services) and Oak Street Health (a population health business operating primary care clinics focused on Medicare beneficiaries).
- American Securities in various acquisitions, investments, and dispositions, including its acquisition of Learning Care Group (US) Inc. (a provider of early education and child care services), Frontier Spinning Mills Holding Corp. (a leading producer of cotton yarn for the knitting and weaving industries), and Global Tel*Link Corporation (a leading provider of telecommunications services to correctional facilities in the US), as well as its sale of NEP Broadcasting (a leading provider of outsourced teleproduction services for live sports and entertainment events) and Weasler Engineering Inc. (an agricultural, lawn and turf, and industrial machine drivetrain components maker).
- EQT Mid Market US in its acquisition of Dorner Holding Corporation, a leading global provider of purpose-built, high-quality precision conveyor systems.
- ACI Capital in a number of transactions, including the sale of Healthy Directions, a US market leader in premium doctor-branded vitamins, minerals and supplements, as well as other health products sold directly to consumers.
- Novartis in the sale of global rights to manufacture, market, and commercialize Elidel® (pimecrolimus) Cream 1% for an upfront payment of $420 million.
- Arlington Capital Partners in a number of investments, including in Compusearch Systems, Inc., a developer of enterprise software for government agencies.
- J.W. Childs in a number of transactions, including its acquisition and sale of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc., and its acquisition and sale of EmployBridge Holding Company Inc.
Private Equity Buyout (2017)
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 1997
- BS, Union College, 1993, cum laude
- New York