Anna Buscall is a corporate transactions and advisory specialist. Ms. Buscall has advised on a wide range of transactions, including public and private M&A (both domestic and cross border), joint ventures in various industries and equity issues, as well as demergers, restructurings and corporate advisory work. She has a particularly strong track record in advising on transactions in the life sciences sector.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Ms. Buscall practiced with a Magic Circle firm in London.
- SpePharm AG, an affiliate of independent European specialty pharmaceutical company Norgine B.V., on its sale of SAVENE® - a drug used for the treatment of extravasation in anthracycline chemotherapy in adults - to LSE and AIM-listed global pharmaceutical company Clinigen Group plc.
- Recordati, a pharmaceutical company based in Milan, Italy, in its acquisition of 90% of Opalia Pharma S.A., a Tunisian pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Ariana, a suburb of Tunis for TND 80 million (approx. € 37 million).
- Recordati in its €93m acquisition of Madrid-based pharmaceutical company Laboratorios Casen Fleet S.L.U.
- Pfizer on its innovative agreement (joint venture and business combination) with GSK to combine their HIV portfolios, creating a new world-leading company focused solely on research, development and commercialisation of HIV medicines. The combined portfolio had sales of more than GBP 1.6bn.
- GE Healthcare on its agreement to acquire PAA Laboratories GmbH, headquartered in Linz Austria, and with operations in Germany, the US, the UK, France, Australia and Canada.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company on its acquisition of Paradigm Therapeutics Ltd from VC investors and management.
- Celltech Group plc (UK listed biotech), having advised on its original IPO in 1993, on a number of matters including: on the sale of its vaccines business to PowederJect Pharmaceuticals; on its takeover (recommended general offer) by UCB SA, offer value GBP1.5bn.
Venture Capital (2012, 2014)
- LLM, Queens' College Cambridge
- LLB (Hons), University College London
- England and Wales