Peg Carew Toledo focuses her practice on the defense and counseling of companies dealing with issues arising from California's Proposition 65. Ms. Toledo has provided Proposition 65 compliance advice and litigation defense to numerous Fortune 500 companies. She has also litigated Proposition 65 cases against the California Attorney General, as well as private prosecutors. She counsels companies—large and small—on compliance with Proposition 65, and works with them on developing Proposition 65 compliance programs and performing compliance audits of existing products.
Ms. Toledo has handled cases alleging exposure to a variety of Proposition 65-listed chemicals including lead, cadmium, phthalates (DEHP, DBP, BBP and DINP), cocamide DEA, benzophenone, formaldehyde, arsenic, mercury, acrylamide, toluene, benzene, progesterone, PCBs and flame retardants.
For more than ten years, Ms. Toledo has been certified as an appellate specialist by the California State Bar. She has litigated numerous appeals and writ petitions in California appellate courts and at the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. From 2016 to 2018, she served as Chair of the Ninth Circuit Advisory Board and previously served as Chair of the Ninth Circuit's Lawyer Representatives Coordinating Committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Toledo was in private practice at her own firm. She has served in the California Attorney General's Office and as a law clerk to Ninth Circuit Judge Warren Ferguson.
- JD, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, with distinction
- BA, Duke University, with honors
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, The Honorable Warren J. Ferguson