Nicolas Dumont advises European and international clients from various industries in all intellectual property related aspects. His main focus is on patent and trademark litigation as well as unfair competition and know-how protection proceedings.
Mr. Dumont has worked on several European high-profile infringement litigation cases and complex international arbitration proceedings. He also has particular knowledge in drafting and negotiating license agreements and the support of intellectual property driven cross-border transactions and joint-venture projects. In addition, Mr. Dumont has experience in German privacy and data protection matters as well as the corresponding European framework, the GDPR.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Dumont worked in the intellectual property practice groups of two international law firms, was seconded to the legal department of a global pharmaceutical company, completed his Masters of Law degree in copyright and media law, and spent half a year as visiting scholar at the George Washington University Law School working on a research project in comparative law ("The consequences of digital libraries regarding US-American and German copyright law").
- Memory manufacturer on strategies for defending against infringement claims based on a patent relating to semiconductor chips.
- Various international medical device manufacturers in several ex-parte interlocutory injunction proceedings regarding patent infringements at the international trade fair Medica before the Düsseldorf District Court.
- French automotive supplier in patent infringement proceedings concerning electric motors before the Düsseldorf Court of Appeals.
- Acer in a dispute over standard essential patents before the Mannheim District Court.
- US automotive supplier in patent infringement litigation regarding airbag technology before the Düsseldorf District Court.
- Acer in multiple patent litigations involving the question of insolvency-proofness of patent licenses before the Düsseldorf District Court.
- Second State Exam, Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt, 2010
- LLM, Johannes Gutenberg-University at Mainz, 2009
- First State Exam, Johannes Gutenberg-University at Mainz, 2008
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Guest Lecturer, Faculty of Law of the Georg-August-University in Goettingen
- Mentor, Faculty of Law of the Justus-Liebig-University in Giessen
- Member, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Member, Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)