Kathleen Reilly's practice focuses on commercial litigation, securities enforcement, and white collar criminal matters. She has substantial experience in internal investigations, civil litigation, white collar criminal matters, and enforcement actions brought by the US Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and State Attorneys General, as well as the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
Ms. Reilly also has maintained an active pro bono practice, including successfully representing a coalition of New York City charter schools in defending against challenges to their co-locations by individuals and governmental entities within the district school buildings. Ms. Reilly also represented an individual criminal defendant in connection with his appeal to the New York Appellate Division, First Judicial Department.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ms. Reilly attended the Villanova University School of Law, from which she graduated magna cum laude and was elected to the Order of the Coif. During law school, she served as an Associate Editor of the Villanova Law Review. Ms. Reilly earned her BA in history and political science from Boston College, graduating cum laude.
- Prominent retail company in a complex covert internal investigation into allegations of impropriety within the company’s information technology group.
- Financial services and commercial entities in assisting and conducting internal investigations into alleged impropriety.
- Fortune 100 company in an investigation and prosecution arising out of a theft of the company's trade secrets, as well as assisting in working with the US Attorney's Office and FBI in connection with their investigation of the individual responsible for the theft.
Securities Law360 New York
- JD, Villanova University Law School, 2009, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, Boston College, 2006, cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York