Our Antitrust Litigation practice represents clients in cutting-edge civil litigation, including class actions, multi-district litigation, parallel civil and criminal federal and state court litigation, and disputes between competitors. Our cases frequently involve novel legal theories, the development of complex factual records, and involve multiple related matters. We try cases and start with a trial-focused approached.
- We have a deep bench of experienced antitrust litigators spread over all of the firm's offices, including California (San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Silicon Valley), Denver, New York, and Washington, DC, as well as in Europe (Brussels, London, and Frankfurt). More than 50 Arnold & Porter attorneys are actively involved in antitrust litigation matters.
- Industry-leading clients such as BP, General Electric, HarperCollins, Novartis, Nucor, Penguin Random House, Pfizer, TPG, and Visa regularly engage the firm for antitrust litigation matters due to our substantive antitrust and litigation experience.
- Our antitrust litigation experience spans virtually all industry sectors, including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, electronics, consumer goods, logistics, media, and financial services. Our depth is enhanced by our active collaboration with other practices, such as Financial Services, Intellectual Property, and Life Sciences, providing a multidisciplinary approach to client challenges.
- Our experience covers the full range of individual and class action claims, including allegations of price-fixing, tying, monopolization, unlawful distribution arrangements, group boycotts, intellectual property licensing practices, and other alleged exclusionary conduct.
- A significant aspect of our Antitrust Litigation practice is preparing for and coordinating the defense of civil litigation parallel to, or following, government competition investigations.
- Our attorneys also represent clients in Europe in private litigation before national courts and in proceedings before the EU courts.
- Our Antitrust Litigation practice and many of our individual attorneys have been recognized in a number of publications and ranking services, including by Global Competition Review, Chambers, Super Lawyers, and US News & World Report/Best Lawyers. Industry organizations as well have recognized the quality of our Antitrust Litigation practice, including LMG Life Sciences, which previously awarded our attorneys "Antitrust Litigation Firm of the Year," "Antitrust Litigator of the Year," and "Impact Case of the Year."
Defended the company against claims brought by the State of Louisiana that they delayed the introduction of generic versions of Neurontin® by bringing alleged “sham” litigation.
Obtained dismissal of antitrust lawsuit challenging the defendants' exclusive partnership for ticket resales.
Represents automotive parts manufacturer in indirect purchaser class actions brought on behalf of auto dealers and end-payors alleging price-fixing with regard to automotive lighting products.
Successfully defended the client in putative antitrust class actions alleging that defendants procured patent by fraud and engaged in sham patent litigation.
Represented client with respect to US Department of Justice’s investigation of and action to enjoin the NCM/Screenvision transaction.
"GCR Global Elite" list of the world's top 20 firms for competition (2008-2016)