Our attorneys have experience representing policyholders in the area of directors and officers liability insurance. Our attorneys provide counseling on the terms and conditions of these insurance policies to ensure that companies and their directors and officers have made the best choices, with the most safeguards, to maximize the chances that D&O coverage is available should securities litigation be filed or a regulatory matter commenced. When companies, officers, and directors are sued, we are on several of the leading carrier panels, and we regularly counsel clients regarding providing notification of claims. Over the years, our attorneys have developed strong working relationships with the leading D&O carriers and their counsel, which allows us to ensure a coordinated, cost efficient defense.
- Provided counseling to magicJack VocalTec Ltd. regarding coverage for securities litigation and regulatory matters.
- Provided counseling to IEC Electronics regarding coverage for securities litigation and regulatory matters.
- Represented a former corporate CEO in rescission action by carrier.
- Represented a bank holding company in handling coverage disputes related to government investigations.
- Advised a private equity fund in negotiating insurance coverage issues arising in bankruptcy court litigation.