Public Company Representation
Our attorneys have extensive, practical experience in advising public companies in securities law compliance, stock exchange rule compliance, disclosure responsibilities, and corporate governance matters. We represent large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap public company clients in a variety of industries, including technology, biotechnology, healthcare, transportation, consumer goods, financial services, and real estate. In our practice, we regularly assist clients with preparing and reviewing periodic reports, press releases, and other documents filed with the SEC; assist companies in responding to SEC comments on annual reports, quarterly reports, and routine and non-routine proxy statements; advise clients in responding to stockholder proposals and other matters related to stockholder meetings; help clients develop Regulation FD and compliance policies and often advise on sensitive disclosure matters; and assist exchange listed clients with regard to corporate governance and investor issues.
- Serve as primary federal securities disclosure and periodic reporting counsel for CNL Lifestyle Properties, Inc., CNL Healthcare Properties, Inc., and CNL Growth Properties, Inc.
- Represented TriVascular Technologies, Inc. in all board and corporate governance matters, as well as general corporate and transactional matters. Most recently, we advised TriVascular Technologies in connection with its $78 million initial public offering and NASDAQ Stock Market listing, including board and committee independence matters, policies, procedures, and code of conduct implementation.
- Advise The Charles Schwab Corporation in securities compliance and disclosure issues.
- Advise S&T Bancorp, Inc. with respect to corporate governance issues and securities law compliance including reviewing Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reports and filings.
- Represented TigerLogic Corporation in corporate governance and SEC compliance matters, acquisition and disposition transactions, and related board and shareholder governance issues, as well as general corporate matters.