Our attorneys bring decades of extensive experience in defending accountants facing professional liability claims, including substantial trial experience. The firm has represented "Big 4" and other public accounting firms, or their partners and other professionals, in:
- class action securities fraud litigation;
- professional negligence and malpractice litigation and arbitration;
- SEC enforcement proceedings;
- civil enforcement proceedings before other federal agencies (including federal banking regulators);
- criminal enforcement proceedings;
- professional disciplinary proceedings by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), state licensing bodies, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA); and
- congressional investigations.
In addition to our representation in litigation and enforcement proceedings, we have represented accounting firms in connection with major securities legislation affecting professional liability.