Representing clients in the public and political forum of a congressional hearing presents unique problems and dangers. In such circumstances, our white collar lawyers work closely with the experienced lawyers of our legislative and public policy group. We have, for example, represented government officials, pharmaceutical and food product manufacturers, healthcare providers, financial institutions, and other company executives in politically charged matters ranging from campaign finance to financial institution reform to drug pricing to products liability. Our ability to deal in a coordinated fashion with both political and legal aspects of an investigation helps to prevent a client's interests from being compromised.
- Ambassador L. Paul Bremer in his appearance before the House Committee with respect to his service as Administrator of the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq.
- General David Petraeus, former Director of the CIA, with respect to his testimony before the House Select Committee on Benghazi.
- Major defense and aerospace contractors in investigations by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations in procurement matters.
- Several nominees for senior positions in Senate confirmation hearings.
- Former government official potentially involved in the Congressional investigations of Hillary Clinton.
- Top White House official in House and Senate "Whitewater" hearings.
- Lisa Page, former senior Federal Bureau of Investigation attorney, before the House Judiciary and House Oversight and Reform Committees and Senate Select Committee on Intelligence regarding the FBI’s investigations of the Clinton email server and Russian interference in the US election.
- Dr. Salomon Melgen in a Congressional investigation before the Senate Select Ethics Committee related to the doctor’s donations to Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ). We successfully represented a doctor before Senate Ethics.
- Former Gabonese President in a Congressional investigation conducted by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations regarding alleged money laundering with large, prestigious banks.
- Hill staffer in two ethics investigations by (i) the House Committee on Ethics and (ii) the Office of Congressional Ethics.
- Former head of quasi-governmental entity in oversight inquiry by Congressional committee.
- Members of Congress in sensitive investigations, including criminal investigations and prosecutions, involving national security.
- Homeland Security contractor in internal investigation, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits and DOJ investigation regarding performance and pricing issues.
- Various pharmaceutical companies in connection with Congressional drug pricing investigations.
- A non-profit hospital in connection with a Congressional investigation of its practices in connection with noninsured patients.
- Martha Stewart in the House of Energy and Commerce Committee investigation of alleged insider trading.
- Federal employee in the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations inquiry into improper conduct by the US Secret Service in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Monica Crowley in a Congressional investigation before the Senate Judiciary Committee related to the 2016 presidential election.