Our extensive government contracts practice covers both civil and criminal proceedings. We have handled a large number of contract fraud, defective pricing, and suspension and debarment actions for companies in fields as diverse as information technology, financial services, aerospace, electronics, and healthcare, as well as universities and research institutions. We also advise clients on internal audits and investigations and voluntary disclosures, and have represented corporations and individuals in grand jury investigations involving a wide variety of government contract matters. Our lawyers have provided counsel, for example, to an international professional services company on debarment and related issues arising from a criminal indictment. In addition, we have represented a number of companies in avoiding suspension or debarment after the companies pleaded guilty to criminal antitrust allegations. In each of these cases, our lawyers were able to demonstrate that the companies nevertheless should remain eligible to receive government contracts. Our government contracts lawyers also assisted a large services firm in responding to a joint FBI/Office of Inspector General criminal investigation into the firm's charging practices under its government contracts. This investigation ended without prosecution of the client.
- Digital Equipment Corporation/Compaq Computer in negotiating successful resolution of criminal and civil fraud and False Claims Act allegations under a multi-billion-dollar Defense Department contract.
- Company employee in a grand jury investigation of government contract billing practices.
- Employee of defense contractor in prosecution pending in the US District Court for the District of New Jersey alleging bribery in connection with construction contracts in Iraq.
- Homeland Security contractor in internal investigation, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits and DOJ investigation regarding performance and pricing issues.
- Government contractor in a False Claims Act investigation by HHS OIG.
- Large defense company in DOJ and SEC investigations of alleged overseas bribery scheme. After initial investigation, both agencies dropped their cases.
- Government contractor in resolution of qui tam case and breach of contract action involving dispute over charges for healthcare insurance costs under a cost reimbursement subcontract. Negotiated favorable settlement of the case, including reimbursement by the government to the client of all of the disputed costs.
- IT contractor in avoiding suspension and debarment by Small Business Administration arising after GAO investigation and US Department of Justice False Claims Act investigation.
- Large company in investigation and settlement of intervened qui tam False Claims Act matter relating to US General Services Administration Schedule pricing and compliance.
- Oracle Corporation's lead counsel in defending an intervened qui tam False Claims Act litigation filed in the Eastern District of Virginia.