Andrew Bergman focuses his practice on complex civil and appellate litigation and has represented clients in the energy, transportation, and healthcare industries. He also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Bergman graduated from Tulane University Law School, where he served as a managing editor of the Tulane Law Review. During law school, Mr. Bergman completed internships with Judge Eldon E. Fallon of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana and with Justice Jefferson D. Hughes III of the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- An international vacation cruise operator and one of its executives in litigation brought by an individual plaintiff in the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and other claims arising from the client's promotional television series. The case resulted in a complete dismissal of the plaintiff's claims, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Houston-based multinational EPCI company in litigation brought by a competitor for misappropriation of trade secrets in Texas state court. Took a leading role in drafting pretrial motions and in preparing the client's central witness to testify at trial.
- British oil and gas company in connection with business and individual claims arising from an oil spill class settlement. Briefed several claims for economic, subsistence fishing, and property damages before a court-supervised arbitration panel and the US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- European airframe manufacturer in connection with personal injury claims filed in Illinois state court arising out of an in-flight incident on an Australian airline while flying over the Indian Ocean. Briefed a successful summary judgment motion resulting in the dismissal of several plaintiffs who signed releases enforceable under foreign law.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in litigation regarding FDA-approved prescription opioid medications.
- JD, Tulane University Law School, 2016, cum laude
- BA, Economics and Legal Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2013, magna cum laude
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit