Andrew Bergman focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and has represented clients in the energy, transportation, and healthcare industries. He also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Bergman graduated from Tulane University Law School, where he served as a managing editor of the Tulane Law Review. During law school, Mr. Bergman completed internships with Judge Eldon E. Fallon of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana and with Justice Jefferson D. Hughes III of the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- British oil and gas company in connection with business and individual claims arising from an oil spill class settlement. Briefed several claims for economic, subsistence fishing, and property damages before a court-supervised arbitration panel and the US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- British oil and gas company in an appeal of a denied payment to a class settlement claimant before the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Obtained a decision upholding the complete denial of an approximately $2 million award.
- British oil and gas company in an appeal of a denied class settlement payment to a subsistence fisherman before the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Obtained a decision upholding the complete denial of the award and finding that the claimant had submitted material misrepresentations in connection with the claim.
- European airframe manufacturer in connection with personal injury claims filed in Illinois state court arising out of an in-flight incident on an Australian airline while flying over the Indian Ocean. Briefed a successful summary judgment motion resulting in the dismissal of several plaintiffs who signed releases enforceable under foreign law.
- Plaintiffs in a successful gerrymandering challenge to Pennsylvania's 2011 congressional district map before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth and Supreme Courts. Briefed a successful motion to intervene in a federal lawsuit filed to collaterally attack the state supreme court's decision.
- Plaintiff in a Title VII employment discrimination case. Wrote a brief that defeated the defendant's motion for summary judgment based on the statute of limitations.
- JD, Tulane University Law School, 2016, cum laude
- BA, Economics and Legal Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2013, magna cum laude
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit