Daniel Bernstein represents clients in complex litigation, internal investigations, and government enforcement actions. He also counsels organizations on ethics and compliance programs, with extensive experience related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other laws affecting international businesses.
In his litigation practice, Daniel helps clients resolve commercial disputes both in and out of court. He handles pleadings, briefs, electronic discovery, depositions, expert witnesses, motion practice, settlement negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, trials, appeals, and overall strategy.
Daniel also guides individuals and companies through investigations by the US Department of Justice (DOJ), the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other federal, state, and self-regulatory authorities. He serves as an editor of Arnold & Porter's Enforcement Edge Blog, Global Anti-Corruption Insights newsletter, and Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance, and White Collar Issues.
In law school, Daniel was an articles editor on the Stanford Law Review. Between college and law school, he studied international relations in Delhi, India through the Yale University Fox International Fellowship.
- Multinational manufacturer in FCPA/anti-corruption investigation conducted by DOJ, SEC, and Brazilian authorities, as well as collateral litigation, related to "Operation Car Wash."
- Multiple global technology companies in anti-corruption and trade controls compliance counseling, due diligence, and program design and implementation.
- Global pharmaceutical company in bribery and bid-rigging investigation.
- Food supply company in internal investigation into allegations of bribery in connection with company's business in Eastern Europe.
- Consumer products company in FCPA and related securities law investigations conducted by the DOJ and SEC.
- Individual in FCPA investigation related to defense contracting in Latin America.
- Numerous organizations on their anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures.
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 2009
- B.A., Yale University, 2005, magna cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, The Honorable Sidney H. Stein