Daniel Bernstein represents clients in complex litigation, internal investigations, and government enforcement actions. He also counsels companies on ethics and compliance programs related to anti-corruption laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and other laws affecting international businesses.
Mr. Bernstein handles a variety of commercial disputes, many of which involve significant public policy and/or international dimensions. He regularly drafts pleadings and briefs in trial and appellate courts (including the US Supreme Court), and handles electronic discovery, depositions, hearings, expert witnesses, settlement negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and trials.
Mr. Bernstein also helps individuals and companies navigate investigations by the US Department of Justice (DOJ), the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other federal, state, and self-regulatory authorities. He has served as Managing Editor of the firm's semi-annual publication on Global Anti-Corruption Insights, which covers developments relating to the FCPA and other anti-corruption laws.
In law school, Mr. Bernstein was as an Articles Editor on the Stanford Law Review. Between college and law school, Mr, Bernstein studied international relations in Delhi, India through the Yale University Fox International Fellowship.
- Multinational manufacturer in FCPA/anti-corruption investigation conducted by DOJ, SEC, and Brazilian authorities, as well as collateral litigation, related to "Operation Car Wash."
- Multiple global technology companies in anti-corruption and trade controls compliance counseling, due diligence, and program design and implementation.
- Global pharmaceutical company in bribery and bid-rigging investigation.
- Food supply company in internal investigation into allegations of bribery in connection with company's business in Eastern Europe.
- Consumer products company in FCPA and related securities law investigations conducted by the DOJ and SEC.
- Individual in FCPA investigation related to defense contracting in Latin America.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2009
- BA, Yale University, 2005, magna cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of New York, The Honorable Sidney H. Stein