Daniel Bernstein represents clients in complex litigation, internal investigations, and government enforcement actions. He also counsels clients throughout the world on compliance with US law, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other laws affecting international businesses.
Mr. Bernstein has experience with disputes involving contract, securities, corporate, insurance, RICO, bribery, real estate, intellectual property, product liability, constitutional, and administrative law. His cases often include significant public policy and/or international dimensions. He regularly authors pleadings and briefs in trial and appellate courts around the country (including the US Supreme Court), and handles hearings, depositions, electronic discovery, expert witnesses, settlement negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and trials.
Mr. Bernstein also helps individuals and companies navigate investigations by the US Department of Justice (DOJ), the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other federal, state, and self-regulatory authorities.
He serves as Managing Editor of the firm's semi-annual publication on Global Anti-Corruption Insights, which covers developments relating to the FCPA and other anti-corruption laws.
In law school, Mr. Bernstein was as an Articles Editor on the Stanford Law Review. Between college and law school, Mr, Bernstein studied international relations in Delhi, India through the Yale University Fox International Fellowship.
- Multinational manufacturer in FCPA/anti-corruption investigation conducted by DOJ, SEC, and Brazilian authorities, as well as collateral litigation, related to "Operation Car Wash".
- Global technology companies in anti-corruption and trade controls compliance counseling, due diligence, and program design and implementation.
- Multinational food supply company in internal investigation into allegations of bribery in connection with company's business in Eastern Europe.
- Consumer products company in FCPA and related securities law investigations conducted by the DOJ and SEC.
- Individual in FCPA investigation related to defense contracting in Latin America.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2009
- BA, Yale University, 2005, magna cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York, The Honorable Sidney H. Stein