Jayce Born's practice focuses on complex civil litigation and defense of government investigations and regulatory enforcement actions. Ms. Born has counseled clients through all phases of state and federal litigation, and she has significant experience in pre-trial matters and appeals. She has assisted clients in healthcare and securities investigations, in complex litigation alleging corporate wrongdoing, and in challenges to unlawful government action. Ms. Born also maintains an active pro bono practice focused on civil rights and access to justice.
Ms. Born received her law degree summa cum laude from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Born clerked for Judge Michael Kanne on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. While in law school, Ms. Born represented the State of Indiana in both juvenile and adult criminal court as a certified legal intern for the Monroe County Prosecutor's Office, and she externed for Judge Gregory Frost on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. She also served on the Indiana University Advocacy Board and as a Notes and Comments Editor on the Indiana Law Journal.
- National diagnostic testing company in civil FCA and criminal investigations by the US Department of Justice.
- Individual plaintiffs in Title IX challenge of a discriminatory university policy.
- Private equity firm and corporate directors in litigation involving breach of fiduciary duty.
- Fortune 500 company in failure-to-warn and design-defect product liability litigation.
- One of the nation's largest insurance companies in litigation challenging the company's coverage decisions.
- Non-profit organizations in amicus curiae briefs supporting challenges of US executive branch changes to the "public charge" provision.
- Individual student in Sixth Circuit appeal challenging expulsion from university on Title IX grounds.
- Individual attorney in Fifth Circuit appeal challenging the authority of federal agents to search electronic devices at the border without a warrant.
- JD, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2017, summa cum laude
- BA, Psychology and Criminal Justice, Ohio Northern University, 2014, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, The Honorable Michael S. Kaane