Jayce Born's practice focuses on government investigations, corporate internal investigations, and related complex civil and criminal litigation. Ms. Born has counseled clients through all phases of state and federal litigation, from pre-trial matters to appeals. She helps clients navigate a broad array of white-collar issues, and she has significant experience in cases involving the False Claims Act and various criminal fraud statutes. She also has assisted clients in complex litigation alleging corporate or individual wrongdoing and in challenges to unlawful government action. Ms. Born maintains an active pro bono practice focused on civil rights and access to justice.
Ms. Born serves as co-Editor-in-Chief of Arnold & Porter's Enforcement Edge Blog.
Ms. Born received her law degree summa cum laude from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Born clerked for Judge Michael Kanne on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. While in law school, Ms. Born represented the State of Indiana in both juvenile and adult criminal court as a certified legal intern for the Monroe County Prosecutor's Office, and she externed for Judge Gregory Frost on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. She also served on the Indiana University Advocacy Board and as a Notes and Comments Editor on the Indiana Law Journal.
- Government contractor in ongoing intervened qui tam False Claims Act litigation related to Hurricane Katrina recovery effort.
- Durable medical equipment manufacturer in Anti-Kickback Statute investigation.
- National diagnostic testing company in civil False Claims Act and criminal investigations.
- Government contractor in Anti-Kickback Act investigation of former employee's conduct.
- Government contractor in intervened qui tam False Claims Act litigation related to former employees' alleged acceptance of kickbacks.
- Individual plaintiffs in Title IX challenge of a discriminatory university policy.
- Financial institution in breach of fiduciary duty suit against its founder and controlling shareholder.
- Private equity firm and corporate directors in litigation involving breach of fiduciary duty.
- Fortune 500 company in failure-to-warn and design-defect product liability litigation.
- One of the nation's largest insurance companies in litigation challenging the company's coverage decisions.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2017, summa cum laude
- B.A., Psychology and Criminal Justice, Ohio Northern University, 2014, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, The Honorable Michael S. Kanne