Kevin Cline's practice focuses on complex product liability and mass tort litigation. He represents major pharmaceutical companies in defending against product liability claims in state and federal court. Mr. Cline is involved in all aspects of this litigation, including coordination of defense counsel across jurisdictions, discovery strategy, development of fact and expert witnesses, and preparation of cases for trial. He also represents clients on matters related to potential and on-going federal and state government investigations related to marketing and promotional activities.
As part of his practice, Mr. Cline has extensive experience working with medical and science experts, including in the fields of cardiology, neurology, pulmonology, and epidemiology.
Before joining the firm in 2005, Mr. Cline served as a law clerk to the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow of the US District Court for the District of Maryland. He received his JD with Honors from the University of Maryland School of Law, where he served as Senior Articles Editor of The Business Lawyer. Upon graduation, Mr. Cline was awarded the Order of the Coif and selected by the law school faculty as the 2004 recipient of the Samuel Allen Memorial Prize, recognizing excellence in scholarship and leadership.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi as counsel in product liability litigation concerning Plavix®.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb as counsel in Abilify® litigation.
- Wyeth as counsel in the diet drug litigation.
- Pharmaceutical company in state attorney general consumer protection and federal False Claim Act litigation.
FDLI's Top 20 Food and Drug Cases, 2012 & Cases to Watch, 2013 (Chapter (21) with permission from FDLI)
- JD, University of Maryland School of Law, 2004, with honors, Order of the Coif
- MA, North Carolina State University, 1999
- BA, North Carolina State University, 1994
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US District Court, District of Maryland, The Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow
Member, ABA, Section of Litigation