Brian Condon is a litigator with more than 25 years of experience in federal and state courts, private arbitration, and advocacy before local government agencies. He represents clients in a broad range of business and contract disputes, and has specific experience litigating in the fields of health care, private equity and investment transactions, financial institutions, consumer products, real property, environmental, and alternative energy project development. Mr. Condon also has substantial experience in appellate, writ, and CEQA proceedings.
Mr. Condon is active in community service and has been consistently recognized for his work on behalf of pro bono clients in California. He serves in leadership roles on nonprofit boards, has been a trustee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and is President of its charitable foundation, the Counsel for Justice.
- Arizona municipality in defeating class certification and successfully obtaining summary judgment in securities litigation in federal district court (D. Ariz.) involving bond financing for a multi-purpose event center.
- Private equity firm in defending tort litigation in Southern Illinois involving a sale-leaseback transaction for a manufacturing facility.
- Major Health Care Service Plan / Health Maintenance Organization in litigating hundreds of cases over 20 years, covering all aspects of arbitration law, in trial, and appellate courts. Cases include enforcing contractual provisions for arbitration of member claims, and proceedings to confirm, correct, and vacate arbitration awards.
- Private equity firm in defeating contract and fiduciary duty claims by a minority shareholder in a home health care business, and successfully defending dismissal in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Seller of collectible coin products and dietary supplements in defending multiple consumer class actions in federal district court (C.D. Cal.) alleging false advertising and unfair competition.
- Agricultural business in arbitrations involving contract and unfair competition claims relating to fruit supply, fruit safety certification, and sales.
- Multi-level marketing firm in litigating claims against promotional consultant in breach of contract and anti-SLAPP dispute, and against distributors in unfair competition and trade secret litigation involving sales networks.
- Manufacturer of box cutters and private equity investor in fraud and breach of contract action regarding customer-related disclosures in leveraged buyouttransaction for manufacturing business.
- Private equity firm in obtaining summary judgment in litigation by minority investors seeking lost profits from a failed metal fabrication business, and successfully defending judgment on appeal.
- Foreign bank branch in bringing claims under California Commercial Code in federal district court (C.D. Cal.) to recover casualty insurance funds from bank accepting joint payee checks without proper endorsement.
- Country code domain name registry in contract, tort, and copyright litigation in federal district court (C.D. Cal.) arising from domain name marketing agreements.
- JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1988, magna cum laude
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1985, cum laude
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Counsel for Justice: President (2018-present); Board of Directors (2014-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: Board of Trustees (2011-2016)
- Los Angeles County Bar Foundation: President (2009-2010); Board of Directors (1995-2011)
- YMCA/Ketchum Downtown-LA: Member, Board of Managers (2005-present)
- Al Wooten Jr. Youth Center: Member, Board of Directors (2017-present)
- Member of Arnold & Porter's pro bono committee; head of Los Angeles Office Pro Bono Committee (1997-present)
- Pro Bono Clients Represented: Museum of Contemporary Art (Los Angeles); Los Angeles County Bar Association; Pacoima CARE Foundation; many individual clients in state and federal courts