Robert Conrad's practice focuses primarily on environmental litigation, along with federal and state environmental enforcement and regulatory compliance matters. He has experience practicing under several federal environmental statutes, including the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Clean Air Act (CAA), as well as related state environmental statutes.
Mr. Conrad has particular experience with CERCLA litigation; CAA internal investigation; and tribal consultation. Mr. Conrad also works on due diligence projects for clients, assessing corporate transactions for environmental liability. In addition, he maintains an active pro bono practice, including issues related to custody disputes and asylum.
- JD, American University Washington College of Law, 2017
- Master of Natural Resources, Assessment and Analysis, North Carolina State University, 2012, Gates Millennium Scholar
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Oklahoma State University, 2010, Gates Millennium Scholar
- District of Columbia
- Tribal Matters Liaison, American Bar Association’s Environmental Justice Task Force (2022–Present)
- Communications Vice-Chair, Air Quality Committee, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (2021–Present)
- Co-Chair, Environmental Justice Standing Committee, DC Bar, Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources Community (2021–2022)
- Programs Vice-Chair, Air Quality Committee, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (2020–2021)
- Chair, Chair of the Remediation and Environmental Liability Standing Committee, DC Bar, Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources Community (2020–2021)
- National LGBT Bar Association
- District of Columbia LGBTQ+ Bar Association
- Native American Bar Association, DC Chapter