Melissa Dames represents both corporate bodies and individuals facing criminal investigations and prosecutions. She advises in respect of economic crime including fraud, bribery and corruption. She also advises in relation to issues arising out of EU and UK financial sanctions and export controls.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Dames was an associate in the London office of a leading international firm. She focused her practice on commercial dispute resolution and internal investigations, representing multi-national financial institutions, investment management firms and other corporations.
- GlaxoSmithKline as part of the team instructed as lead criminal advisers in respect of its ongoing investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.
- Individuals involved in the SFO's investigations into Rolls Royce and ENRC.
- Corporate bodies in relation to compliance with the UK Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2011
- BSc, Chemistry and Law, University of Bristol, 2007
- England and Wales