Melissa Dames represents both corporate bodies and individuals facing criminal and regulatory investigations and prosecutions. She advises in respect of economic crime including fraud, bribery and corruption. Melissa deals with multi-jurisdictional matters involving the SFO, FCA, and HMRC, as well as advising on ancillary civil litigation matters.
Before joining the firm, Melissa was an associate in the London office of a leading international firm. She focused her practice on commercial dispute resolution and internal investigations, representing multi-national financial institutions, investment management firms and other corporations.
- FTSE 100 company as part of the team instructed as lead criminal advisers in respect of its ongoing investigation by the Serious Fraud Office, working in conjunction with US co-counsel.
- Individuals involved in the SFO's investigations into Rolls Royce, Unaoil, and ENRC.
- Individual being investigated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to a breach of Individual Conduct Rules as part of the Senior Manager Regime, as well as assisting with a concurrent US investigation.
- Aerospace company in an internal investigation stemming from press coverage of allegations of bribery.
- Healthcare company in relation to criminal proceedings against its directors arising from failure to comply with Company Act requirements.
- Major luxury goods retailer on Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Bribery and Corruptions policies and procedures to ensure compliance with UK and EU laws and regulations.
- Corporate bodies in relation to compliance with the UK Bribery Act and Money Laundering Regulations.
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2011
- BSc, Chemistry and Law, University of Bristol, 2007
- England and Wales