Cara Davis is a member of the firm's eData and Litigation Groups. Her practice is primarily focused on the discovery phase of complex civil litigations, regulatory enforcement actions, and a wide array of civil and criminal government investigations. Ms. Davis applies her strategic and tactical understanding of how to protect the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, and government-held privileges such as deliberative process and bank examination, and has overseen multiple reviews aimed specifically at assessing the validity of potential privilege claims.
Ms. Davis has extensive experience in managing teams of attorneys, legal assistants, litigation technology project managers, and other e-discovery professionals through all aspects of document production and privilege assertion. As a Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS), she has extensive experience leveraging technology to efficiently manage the various phases of the discovery process. Ms. Davis' e-discovery and general litigation work has spanned numerous industries including consumer products, environmental, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing.
Ms. Davis maintains an active pro bono practice, working with the national, nonpartisan Election Protection coalition which works year-round to ensure that all voters have an equal opportunity to vote and have that vote count by providing Americans with comprehensive information and assistance at all stages of voting.
- Represents the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), the Conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, in complex cases against the agency, and in actions implicating the rights of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Represents multiple manufacturers and retailers in investigations by CPSC concerning compliance with reporting requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Act.
- Represented a national retailer in a CPSC investigation into the alleged post-recall sale of recalled products.
- Represented a cruise line in connection with multiple claims arising from COVID-19.
- Represented a health insurance company in putative class action litigation following theft of laptops containing consumer information.
- Represented Planned Parenthood Federation of America and 10 Planned Parenthood affiliates against anti-abortion extremists on RICO and fraud claims.
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- B.A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- Certified E-Discover Specialist (CEDS), Association of Certified eDiscovery Specialists, 2022
- Brainspace Specialist Certification, 2020
- Brainspace Analyst Certification, 2020