Josh Davis is a litigator with a broad practice that focuses on complex commercial litigation and government investigations, particularly for clients in the life sciences industry. Josh has served as lead and national counsel in cases across the country in federal and state courts, including those combined into multi-district litigation. Those cases have spanned a wide variety of subject matter, including the False Claims Act, healthcare fraud and abuse, consumer protection, and general business disputes. Josh has also served as lead and national counsel in investigations brought by both federal and state governments and regulators.
Josh graduated magna cum laude from Indiana University School of Law, where he was a member and articles editor of the Indiana Law Journal and selected to the Order of the Coif.
- Lead counsel to pharmaceutical company in civil RICO case, resulting in the first dismissal with prejudice of a case of its kind.
- National counsel to pharmaceutical company in federal and state court cases, including those combined within an MDL, brought by state attorneys general, municipalities, third party payors, and individuals alleging fraudulent marketing and improper distribution practices.
- Hospital system in False Claims Act qui tam litigation related to physician relationships and hospital operations.
- National pharmacy chain in False Claim Acts litigation.
- Lead counsel to individuals in a commercial dispute regarding ownership of a medical practice.
- Landlord in arbitration with Amtrak regarding lease dispute.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2003, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Colby College, 1999
- District of Columbia