Kathleen Duffy focuses on intellectual property litigation, including protection and enforcement of extensive IP portfolios owned by leaders in the apparel and footwear industry. She has handled complex cases involving the protection of world-famous trademarks and patents in matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the International Trade Commission, and several federal district courts in the United States. In addition to maintaining an active pro bono docket, Kathleen is a member the firm's WISE affinity group and a contributing author to the firm's monthly Lit Alerts.
- Apparel company in defending its trademark applications.
- Medical device company in protecting patents from infringement and unfair competition.
- Multiple clients in complex discovery disputes before the TTAB and PTAB.
- Apparel company in defending famous trademarks and trade dress against alleged infringers and counterfeit products.
- J.D., Intellectual Property Law, American University Washington College of Law, 2020, cum laude
- MBA, American University Kogod School of Business, 2020, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Junior Member of The Union League of Philadelphia