Kathleen Duffy focuses on intellectual property litigation, including matters before the USPTO TTAB and patent medical device cases. She also maintains an active pro bono docket and is a member the firm’s WISE affinity group.
Ms. Duffy earned her JD/MBA at American University, during which time she interned at the DC Court of Appeals for the Honorable Judge John Fisher, clerked in a general counsel’s office and worked at a small law firm directly with the managing partner. Prior to pursuing her advanced degrees, Ms. Duffy interned in the DC office of US Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) while completing dual biology and political science majors at Bucknell University.
- Apparel company in defending its trademark application.
- Medical device company in protecting patents from infringement and unfair competition.
- Multiple clients in complex discovery disputes before the TTAB.
- Apparel company in defending famous trademark against alleged infringers.
- JD, Intellectual Property Law, American University Washington College of Law, 2020, cum laude
- MBA, American University Kogod School of Business, 2020, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Junior Member of The Union League of Philadelphia