Kerry Dziubek concentrates her practice on complex litigation, environmental and land use law, and brand protection litigation and counseling. She litigates a wide variety of securities, white collar, land use, toxic tort, product liability, and trademark cases in federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as before administrative tribunals. She counsels clients on risk mitigation strategies, internal investigations, corporate compliance, and training.
In her securities litigation practice, Ms. Dziubek represents financial institutions in shareholder class actions, derivative claims, and individual plaintiff actions alleging securities fraud, RICO, and other claims in significant securities litigation matters. Several of those matters relate to her work on the successful defense of a major financial institution in federal and state criminal and regulatory investigations of the securities clearance business. She has a first-chair role on these cases, leading all aspects of the defense, including arguing several appeals.
In Ms. Dziubek’s environmental law and land use practice, she represents clients in litigation and administrative proceedings, provides regulatory and compliance counseling, and advises on environmental aspects of real estate transactions, acquisitions, and divestitures. She has extensive experience with issues involving contaminated sites, including site investigation, remediation, site-related litigation, and governmental and community relations.
Ms. Dziubek has broad experience in developing and implementing brand protection strategies. She regularly assists clients in working with prosecutors and law enforcement regarding illicit trade investigations, engaging with regulatory agencies on substantive initiatives, and developing trade policies and programs. She has represented clients in litigation involving counterfeit goods, trademark and Lanham Act matters, and unfair trade practices.
Ms. Dziubek helped develop Arnold & Porter's New York WomenConnect semi-annual programs, which provide a forum for the Firm’s women attorneys and senior-level clients to discuss challenges facing professional women, with a strong focus on practical solutions and advancement.
Ms. Dziubek has represented clients on a pro bono basis in matters involving First Amendment and right-to-counsel claims, immigration law, and environmental compliance issues. She also served for many years on Arnold & Porter’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Major financial institution in defense of class actions and individual plaintiff cases alleging securities fraud, RICO, and other claims relating to securities clearance business.
- A leading reinsurer in securities class action and stockholder derivative litigation related to the restatement of several years of AIG's financial results.
- Major financial institution in successful resolution of federal and state criminal and regulatory investigations of securities business.
- Financial institution in litigation of contract claims arising out of dissolution of a joint venture.
- Consumer products manufacturer in false advertising litigation against website operators making false claims about the company's products.
- BA, Marquette University, 1991
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, 1997, with honors
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York