Seth Engel focuses on complex commercial litigation and represents clients in all phases of civil litigation in federal and state courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Seth clerked for the Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and for the Honorable Kim R. Gibson of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Seth also served as a judge advocate in the United States Marine Corps, where he litigated numerous high profile and special victim cases as both a prosecutor and defense attorney, including over a dozen jury trials. In 2018, he was named the Marine Corps' defense attorney of the year. He continues to serve in the Marine Corps Reserve.
Seth is the co-chair of the firm's military veterans affinity group, Veterans and Affiliates Leadership Organization (VALOR).
- Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), the Conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, in complex cases against the agency, and in actions implicating the rights of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in litigation in state and federal courts.
- FHFA in complex, shareholder class-action litigation regarding shareholders' challenges to the funding agreement between FHFA and the U.S. Treasury.
- Kongsberg Gruppen and Kongsberg Maritime, in obtaining dismissal of patent infringement claims for lack of jurisdiction. Sonicblue Aerospace, Inc. v. Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC, No. 3:21-CV-122, 2022 WL 2293928 (W.D. Pa. June 24, 2022).
- Honeywell International in actions seeking contribution from oil companies for natural resource damages and cleanup costs for the remediation of Onondaga Lake in Syracuse, New York.
- Major pharmaceutical manufacturer in disputes regarding indemnification and breach of contract.
- Multiple companies in connection with commercial contract disputes.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2011
- LL.M., The United States Army Judge Advocate General's School, 2017
- B.A., Purdue University, 2008
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Major, Judge Advocate, United States Marine Corps
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, The Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr.
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, The Honorable Kim R. Gibson