Aron Estaver's practice focuses on investment management and private investment funds and he represents fund managers in all aspects of their business and operations. Mr. Estaver has experience advising clients in connection with the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the National Futures Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, state "blue sky" securities regulators, and with other regulatory, registration and compliance matters applicable to investment advisers, commodity pool operators, and commodity trading advisors. He has particular experience in the formation, structuring and governance of hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment vehicles. In addition, Mr. Estaver advises investors regarding potential investments in private equity, venture capital, energy and hedge funds.
Mr. Estaver also has experience advising clients in connection with a broad range of general corporate and transactional matters, including joint venture arrangements, loan servicing agreements, nondisclosure agreements, asset transfers and sales, and compliance with periodic SEC reporting requirements.
- Establishment of various US and non-US hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity pools, and funds-of-funds (hedge, private equity, real estate, and real assets).
- Investment managers with or for major investment banks and institutional asset managers in the negotiation of managed account relationships, sub-advisory agreements, and "funds of one."
- Institutional and fund-of-fund investors in the review and analysis of hedge fund, private equity fund, venture capital fund, and real estate fund terms and documents.
- Conversion of Delaware limited partnerships into Delaware limited liability companies and implementation of Volcker Rule-compliant management structures in connection with the acquisition by a bank of various investment management businesses.
- Joint venture arrangements between private US hedge fund management firms.
- Private US hedge fund management firm in the acquisition of another private US hedge fund management firm's business (and funds), including negotiation of post-closing employment agreements.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2005
- BA, Brandeis University, 2002, magna cum laude
- New York