James Feeney is a member of the firm’s Product Liability Litigation group. He focuses on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on mass tort product liability. He has significant experience representing consumer products and pharmaceutical companies in a variety of complex litigation matters including mass tort, product liability, and personal injury litigation in state and federal courts, including multidistrict litigations and coordinated state court proceedings. He manages the defense of multiple mass tort litigations in all aspects of litigation, including initial case investigation, fact and expert discovery, motions practice, settlement, and preparing cases for trial.
James graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Feeney served in the U.S. Coast Guard. He earned his undergraduate degree from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.
- Manufacturer of consumer products in multidistrict litigation consolidating class actions, personal injury claims, and government actions based on economic and personal injuries and other theories.
- Consumer products manufacturer in management and defense of smoking and health actions in numerous individual actions alleging personal injury, wrongful death, and consortium claims.
- Pharmaceutical company defendant in federal and state court litigation brought by government entities and individual and class action plaintiffs based on fraudulent marketing and other theories.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2019, cum laude
- B.S., Government, Policy Concentration, United States Coast Guard Academy, 2011
- District of Columbia
Government & Military Service
- United States Coast Guard