Scott Feira represents clients in the telecommunications industry in regulatory and transactional matters. Mr. Feira has experience in US Federal Communications Commission merger reviews and other FCC license transfer proceedings, telecommunications service agreements, state PUC proceedings, the FCC's telemarketing and other consumer protection rules, debt and equity financing transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. He is a former co-chair of the Federal Communication Bar Association's Transactional Practice Committee and its Video Programming and Distribution Committee.
Mr. Feira was a law clerk for Judge Walter K. Stapleton of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- AT&T in purchases of wireless licenses and operations from Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Qualcomm, Cable One, Allied, Comcast, CenturyLink, C Spire, and others, and in its mergers with Time Warner, DIRECTV and Cricket.
- Web hosting company in its sale to a wireline carrier.
- Retailer in an enforcement proceeding.
- Communications equipment manufacturer in its investment in a start up service provider.
- Cable company in cable television franchise renewal disputes.
- Wireless broadband provider in Eastern Europe in obtaining private equity and vendor financing.
- Television station in its acquisition of another television station.
- Radio station group in obtaining FCC and Team Telecom approval for foreign ownership.
- South American utility in investing in a cable and telecommunications company in Central America.
- VoIP provider in obtaining FCC authorization to import wireless telephones into the United States and negotiating contracts for the purchase of wireless telephones.
- Hedge fund in a state PUC proceeding related to a bankruptcy of a telco in which it was an investor.
- Communications software provider on vendor contracts.
Telecoms and Broadcast: Regulatory (2015-2019, 2021-2022)
- JD, Yale Law School, 1993
- AB, Harvard College, 1989, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, The Honorable Walter K. Stapleton
Member, Federal Communications Bar Association