Rachel L. Forman’s litigation practice primarily focuses on the defense of complex product liability cases, including medical device and consumer products-related lawsuits, for major manufacturers across the country in both state and federal courts. Her aptitude for litigation, appellate support, and bringing cases to trial is broad and extends outside of the product liability arena, encompassing commercial litigation and class action work. Rachel handles all phases of litigation, including presuit investigation, strategic case management, fact and expert discovery, motion practice, pretrial negotiations, trials, and appeals. At trial, she is fully responsible for the preservation of appellate issues and the motion practice and oral advocacy that is required.
Rachel also advises clients regarding risk management, product safety, and limiting product liability risk and exposure. She is a troubleshooting, solutions-oriented advocate who strives not only for positive outcomes in litigation and in the courtroom, but also for opportunities to provide meaningful and strategic advice to the businesses she services.
- Medical device companies in defending large portfolios of product liability litigation. *
- Consumer products manufacturer in individual and class action litigations defending against product liability, fraud, and punitive damages claims. *
*Reflects experience at previous employer.
- J.D., St. Thomas University College of Law, 2013, magna cum laude, Executive Editor, St. Thomas Law Review
- B.S., University of South Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- *Admitted only in Florida; practicing law in the District of Columbia during the pendency of her application for admission to the D.C. Bar and under the supervision of lawyers of the firm who are members in good standing of the D.C. Bar.
- Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal, Judge Mealnie G. May
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, The Honorable James Lawrence King
- American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section -Trial Lawyers Section Young Lawyers Division